Lazarus Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xalea - Warrior - Prot

2 posters

Go down

Xalea - Warrior - Prot Empty Xalea - Warrior - Prot

Post  Xalea Thu May 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Character name: Xalea
Character lvl : 80
Race of char : Tauren
Your real life age : 19
Class Warrior - tank
Link to your equipment (The Armory...)?
I tried, but i fail :/

Trade skills : Nothing
Talent spec : Protection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a stable and fast (no dial-up) Internet connection? : YES

What do you expect of lazarus , as in are you joining for : I'm joining for the raids, the joy of progressing with a steady group is way better then doing pugs

- Raider ( this requires a certain gear lvl and we have too be strict about it )

If you want too aply as raider what days Can you Raid? Pretty much all, 2-3 times per week only tho.

Our usual raids times are 8:00-8:30pm to 00:00 server time , Can you stay for those hours when raiding? Those times are not to be a problem

Tell me something about yourself: I spend alot of time out in the nature, I have my camouflage clothing on, much similar to what snipers use in war.. instead of a rifel, i carry my photo equipment and takes pictures of animals and nature.

Tell me something about the (raid) guilds you've been in and the reason why you left: Tbh, I havent really been in a real guild yet.. Have mostly been pugging.

Do you think there is life on Mars? I wouldn't specify on only mars.. But I do belive there is more living organisesm then us.

Is wrestling fixed? : Def. YES

Do you know who Eggman is? Dr. Eggman, a real genius.

Are you able to post your Armory link? Show us!

If anyone would make you choose between a red pill, a blue cucumber, a yellow men-eating sofa and a fuxia bunny, would you turn him over to the authorities or just run away screaming? : I'd would roll up my sleeves and start operation Black Alpha.

Xalea

Back to top Go down

Xalea - Warrior - Prot Empty Re: Xalea - Warrior - Prot

Post  Permafrost Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 am

At first glance gear levels certainly look good enough for some Icecrown tanking.

However, to my mind, loading up on 30STA gems in every single socket isn't necessarily the correct way to go. Having pure STA everywhere means you've not taken as much dodge / parry / expertise as you could otherwise have gotten whilst still maintaining socket bonuses. This means whilst you might have more base hitpoints you're also prone to taking 'spikier' damage as you avoid less incoming damage. You also have a PvP oriented metagem in your helm. I'd suggest the 32STA/2% extra armour one instead of your current one.

Looking at your glyphs, you don't appear to have taken any minor glyphs, e.g. Bloodrage (so this no longer costs hitpoints to cast), Charge (5 yards longer charge range) and Thunderclap (extra 2 yards radius). Your major glyphs would also need some re-work... there's better things to take than Enraged Regeneration and Intervene for a raid tank.

As for your talent build... it's a little odd. You haven't gone up to Deep Wounds in the Arms tree, haven't taken Armoured to the Teeth in the Fury tree, but you have taken things like Booming Voice in Fury, and Improved Spell Reflection and Safeguard in Protection.

You'd also need to do some work on your reputations. You have 18STA LW patches on your shoulders and helm. You need to work on Argent Crusade rep for the helm 'enchant' at Revered, and Sons of Hodir rep for the shoulder 'enchant', preferably the exalted level.

Your raid achievements would certainly indicate you're raid-capable too, as you have 10/12 for ICC10, and 4/12 for ICC25. Your 'recent activity' feed also shows that you're actively farming for stuff, in multiple raid tiers for upgrades so you're actively seeking gear.

I'm somewhat puzzled by your profession choices though... whilst enchanting is fine (if you want to self-enchant some extra STA onto your rings) why take tailoring... the only thing it offers is an 'enchant'-like thing for your cloak, which you haven't taken anyway. You might be better off with something like JC'ing (for the 51STA gems), blacksmithing (for the extra sockets in gloves / wrists) or even mining for the STA buff.

I guess you'll need to wait for an officer to happen along and make some comments.

(Permafrost, posting in his guise of Quaddamage the tank)
Permafrost
Permafrost

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Fri May 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey there,
If you sort your char as perma suggested (chants,gems for a start, proff can wait a bit) we can inv nps.
I'm just a bit concerned with our current tank situation. we got quite a few of em so I'm not sure how many spots i can offer there.
So if you're interested in a casual raiding guild with a good atmosphere sort your char and whisper an officer for an inv.
If you're looking for a hardcore raiding environment with a fixed spot, then you need to keep looking Very Happy

Sil.

btw perma, you're trying to replace be.imba? Razz
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Permafrost Fri May 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Silun wrote:btw perma, you're trying to replace be.imba? Razz

No, boss, but I feel confident enough to comment on warrior tank / mage applicants as that's two classes / spec I know reasonably well. Xalea - Warrior - Prot Icon_wink
Permafrost
Permafrost

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down