Lazarus Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application arcane mage

5 posters

Go down

Application arcane mage Empty Application arcane mage

Post  Nekolas Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Character details

Character name? Nekolas

Character lvl? 80

Race of
char? Blood elf

Your real life age? 25

Class? Mage

Link to your equipment (The Armory...)?

Trade skills? Tailoring 445 / Enchanting 11 / First Aid 400 / Cooking and Fishing at 225 so far.

Talent spec? Arcane 57/3/11

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many hours a day do you play? 4-5

Do you have a stable and fast (no dial-up) Internet connection? Yes, i have 10MB/s connection

What Days Can you Raid? I can raid anyday in the evening except Friday.

Our usual raids times are 8:00-8:30pm to 00:00 server time , Can you stay
for those hours when raiding? Yes

Tell me something about yourself: I'm from Romania and i'm currently getting my masters in American Studies. I like movies, football and good jokes. I'm quite easy going but i don't like flamers, blamers and bad manners in general.

Tell me something about the (raid) guilds you've been in and the reason why you left: Errr...I never been in a raiding guild before. I'm new to WoW but i know my character and what to do in instances/dungeons. Gearwise I don't think i have much options to improve without raid content unless i wait the two emblems of frost/day, but that would take me month to actually get a good gear piece. I want to take things to the next level and become a regular raider. I learn fast and i never make same mistake twice. I know i'm a newb and this seems to be high lvl guild but i kinda ran out of hope. Life is pretty hard for new players out there since every guild/raid/pug wants 10k gs, 20k dps and link to the achievs from Cataclysm just to talk to you. And that's impossible to get unless i go solo icc.

Do you think there is life on Mars? Omg how do you know where i live !?

Is wrestling fixed? Of course it is.

Do you know who is Eggman? An egg with legs?

Are you able to post your Armory link? Show us!

If anyone would make you choose between a red pill, a blue cucumber, a yellow men-eating sofa and a
fuxia bunny, would you turn him over to the authorities or just run awayscreaming? I'd ask him if he has any blue pills :p

Nekolas

Back to top Go down

Application arcane mage Empty Re: Application arcane mage

Post  Nekolas Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Nekolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nekolas Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 pm

href=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Nekolas>My
Armory Link

Code:

href="http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Nekolas">My
Armory Link

Nekolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nekolas Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Code:
<a href="http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Nekolas">My Armory Link</a>

Nekolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Meffistoe Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:00 am

I give you credy for trying so hard to link your armoury but i'm affraid your not geared enough and you wont find a space in raids.
i suggest you try and get a few ToC 25 runs and maybe a Pug ICC run to improve your gear and gain a alittle bit more expirience.

Raids are totally diffrent from 5 mans that for sure.

Meffistoe
Pr0 Member
Pr0 Member

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Nekolas Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:13 pm

I know my gear is low but that's exactly my point, i kinda have nowhere to go to improve it. I can't even get into ToC10 because everybody wants achievements and i don't have them. I barely got into a VoA25 because there was no other mage available and they got tired of waiting. I guess i was very lucky that time, but as far as ICC is concerned i have to have like 5.6k gs now to get into 10 man + achievements. Some raid leaders even flamed me hard for daring to /w them for an invite.

Anyway thanks for reading this and gl with your progress Very Happy.

Nekolas

Back to top Go down

Post  Permafrost Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Took a quick look at your mage on the Armoury. You've said you have nowhere to go to improve your gear except raids... well, whilst drops from TOC25 (and above) would certainly be of use, there's still stuff you could do without raiding, i.e. by farming for gold / mats for craftables. For example, things you could have crafted for your character, but you don't have...

Chest - Merlin's Robe (itemlevel 245)
Wrist - Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers (itemlevel 245)

As you're a tailor yourself, and there's no longer a cooldown on cloth 'transmutes' you could obtain the mats for those yourself. Whilst you can't craft them yourself until 450 tailoring there's plenty of people with these patterns (my mage for example). If gold was plentiful there's also the itemlevel 264 craftable boots and legs.

I noticed you're also an enchanter yet the following equipped items have no enchants on them... Wrists (missing 30 spellpower), Boots (missing Icewalker), Rings (missing 23 spellpower). Your belt is also missing an eternal belt buckle, which could let you fit another +23 spellpower gem. For the sake of a couple of hundred gold (i.e. going and doing a few dailies) you could easily add another 99 spellpower to your outfit without upgrading a single armour piece, but you haven't done so.

When you apply to guilds that are doing ICC-level content, it makes sense that you would improve your chances of acceptance as much as possible by getting the best gear you could get (from the content you're doing) and making sure it's gemmed / enchanted properly (especially when you're a tailor / enchanter yourself).
Permafrost
Permafrost

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurvegunda Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:37 am

Just do some more dungeons to get more T9, go enchant and such as mentioned and get back here when done Razz
I liked your app, but as said - a bit more gear is needed.

GL and hope to see you back and on track Smile

Lurvegunda
Rare Member
Rare Member

Number of posts : 379
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  massive Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I think most of us liked the app and he is aware we been watching him on mars quite a while Razz

Lets say like this , get the enchants done , and you can come too the guild , we can do some instances and when the raidleader is happy about it
you can get your shot at raiding.

Hope this works for you and sounds fair, we regularly decline people because of gear and although you have a nice app I wouldnt want others too feel its all about that.

Gl with the enchants Smile hope too see you soon

regards , mass
massive
massive
Guild Master
Guild Master

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Somehow mass you manage to put in words what I've been trying to answer this guy for a couple of days Very Happy

@Nekolas:
Msg an officer for an invite after you've sorted your stuff. you'll be social for the time being till you've geared enough.

Sil.
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down