Lazarus Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shaman app

5 posters

Go down

shaman app Empty shaman app

Post  olavo Mon May 31, 2010 2:00 am

Character details

Character name? Maggog
Character lvl? 80
Race of
char? Troll
Your real life age? 25
Class? Shaman
Link to your equipment (The
Armory...)?
Example: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&cn=Maggog

Trade skills? JC/Alchemy
Talent
spec? resto MS 5.6kgs / OS can be anything 5.3kgs as enahcn and 5.5k gs as elemental

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do
you have a stable and fast (no dial-up) Internet connection? yes

What
do you expect of lazarus , as in are you joining for: want a friendly raiding guild but not hardcore one

- Social
reasons ( you have a friend in the guild wich you wanna quest or play
with )
- PvP ( we do some guild pvp and there are few arena teams but
the main thing is raiding)
- Raider ( this requires a certain gear
lvl and we have too be strict about it )

If you want too aply as
raider what days Can you Raid? it really depends but most surly days in middle of the week not friday or saturday

Our usual raids times are
8:00-8:30pm to 00:00 server time , Can you stay for those hours when
raiding? yes, if i start i dont leave till rl calls its

Tell me something about yourself: i am a piano player so i think i know how ot push buttons Razz

Tell me
something about the (raid) guilds you've been in and the reason why you
left: have been raiding with friends but they left to advance further with othe rguilds

Do you think there is life on Mars? probably when some1 arrives there

Is wrestling
fixed? what u mean by this ?

Do you know who Eggman is? no

Are you able to post
your Armory link? Show us! just did above

If anyone would make you choose
between a red pill, a blue cucumber, a yellow men-eating sofa and a
fuxia bunny, would you turn him over to the authorities or just run away
screaming? i would ask to see the bunny

olavo

Back to top Go down

shaman app Empty Re: shaman app

Post  Meffistoe Mon May 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Well a few things, i have puged with Magog on several ocations and he did pretty well. he told me last night before applying that he is Elemental /Resto mostly resto and he just went enhancement for pvp.

I would vote yes on initiation pending a quick inspection ingame of resto gear.

Meffistoe
Pr0 Member
Pr0 Member

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Mon May 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey there,

We could use another resto shammy tbh and you did manage to link your armory (so few manage to do it Very Happy).
But first I'd like to know why you specced Totemic Focus instead of Improved Healing Wave or glyphed Glyph of Water Mastery for that matter.
I'd personally move the points from Elemental Weapons to Healing Way but that's a bit more debateable.

Also please log with your resto gear, or poke me in game while wearing it (msg Silun or ask someone from lazarus if I'm on an alt).

Cheers,
Sil.

p.s.
I wont comment on the quick OH as enha or your gem selection as this is your OS, but there's room for improvement there too if you're interested Smile
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Meffistoe Mon May 31, 2010 4:58 pm

When it comes to Shammys i knew i could count on Silun's input. Smile

Meffistoe
Pr0 Member
Pr0 Member

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

shaman app Empty glyphs and talents

Post  olavo Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:24 am

Well i just dont use healling wave. Have a nice crit chance so i prefer cast chain heal instead of healling weave making my healling play very simple and easy. I menage well with the 30%+ buff on
my hearthliving weapon. The glyph i use of water mastery gives me more mp5 during combat.

I didnt see in any forum i just dont sock haste like crazy like some other resto shamans. I menage pretty well and never get oom (independent the duration of the fight).

My OH weapon its just a lvl 251 one i rly dotn have other slow weapon to put there. the gem selection whats wrong ? ap+haste isn't the point in enhacn? pretty blind in this point.....

olavo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uvedoble Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:37 am

posting as a resto shaman, yes CH is your best bet for healing but due to the cast time, when healing is needed fast healing wave heals more and faster (because of tidal waves). and critical healing waves have a 100% chance to proc the improved water
shield talent which makes it cost less mana to cast

water mastery only gives you 20 more mp5 so its not really a good choice, most now go for riptide.

your meta gem is also an odd choice as the int and mana proc has a higher HEP score and is widely prefered

i dont stack haste in every socket but go for all yellow sockets = 20
haste, all red = 23 sp, blues are mainly ignored and put haste into. the 30% bonus healing from elemental weapons is actually about 41 sp so not really worth it, although to be fair i use it over the pushback reduction

enhancement wise, haste is best for all sockets except blue for meta and occasionally ap + haste is good

Uvedoble
Pr0 Member
Pr0 Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:35 am

Imo you're putting too much emphasis on mp5, meaning that you'll have an easier time not running oom, but your throughput will suffer.
Healing Wave is a useful spell even though most of your healing is Chain Heal spam. Specifically when MT healing or on Valithria for example. Properly talented it is your best single target heal.
In any case there's really no point talenting Totemic Focus for PVE as they last for 5 mins.

Bottom line, I think you can do much better as a healer with a few tweaks. for more details you can check Elitist Jerks or ask in gchat.
And I'd really like you to farm Solace of the Fallen its better than most trinkets in ICC and superior to both your trinkets.

Whisper me or another officer in game for an inv,
Welcome aboard Smile

Sil.
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Halloran Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Id swap Improved Shields for Elemental weapons as stated, I don't really like the riptide glyph as I struggle to have them up for full standard length the way I heal. I use the Lessor healing glyphy instead but its down to choice I just like the fast effective tanks heals it gives you.
Can't see your resto gear atm so cant comment.

Also I woulnt go for full on sp gems, haste is the number 1 stat for resto shammies by a long margin so even in red slots you want the 12/10 sp haste mix.

Unlike Sil I like having plenty of MP5 (and its rated the same as sp for resto shammies) as it lets you heal permantly but we've been disagreeing over this for ages so whatever suits you you do need balance though.

shaman app Icon_basketball

Halloran
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 pm

Pfff.

If you finish the fight with mana then you've wasted MP5!!! Razz
I don't run oom, have way less mp5 than you hal, and you'll be hard pressed to find me not casting on a raid boss Very Happy
So Imagine how much more you could've healed if you didn't invest that much in MP5 cheers
And if you're really pressed for mana there are other options: Innervate, Hymn of Hope, Runic Mana Potion other shaman's Mana Tide Etc. (not to mention that a clever priest can use his hymn when you're using tide/innervate to increase both effects)

Imo, lower MP5 till you find yourself oom in fights, then add a little Razz

Sil.

Oh and Hal, I dare you to log and prove me wrong Very Happy
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Uvedoble Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 pm

glyph of riptide i find is more helpful on the raid and even more useful on fights like lanathel, sindra and marrowgar, etc. it counteracts the contsant damage u take.

and i think sp is slightly better than mp5 actually, although cant remember where i read that. its marginal as i remember

Uvedoble
Pr0 Member
Pr0 Member

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Silun Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:14 am

MP5 is only useful if you needed the mana!!!!
If you finish the fight with mana then you've wasted MP5!!!
cyclops
Silun
Silun
Rare Member
Rare Member

Back to top Go down

Post  massive Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:59 pm

the opinions about resto shaman are devided Very Happy
massive
massive
Guild Master
Guild Master

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Halloran Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm

Silun wrote:MP5 is only useful if you needed the mana!!!!
If you finish the fight with mana then you've wasted MP5!!!
cyclops

Its down to your healing style, I cast chain heal permanently in between riptide cooldowns unless im keeping a tank up even with my mp5 i can quickly burn through mana on fights like Saurfang especially if marks happen.

Also take into account what happens if a healer dies.

Anyway mp5 isnt bad.

shaman app Icon_rr

Halloran
Amateur
Amateur

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down